Remember The Back Button On Your Browser
The Life Foundations Nexus
WHAT IS “THE CRITICS’ CORNER”?
By Dr. Michael J. Bisconti
Well, this morning was very interesting. We just finished an organization-wide staff meeting. One of the most interesting subjects was brought up by our “Internet Fulfillment Department.” This department is the “umbrella department” for all Internet-related communication. Included within the “IFD” department is our “MBT Crew.” “MBT” stands for “Message Board Trackers.” The MBT Crew monitors all of the major message boards, especially, the major, Christian message boards, to see what the world and Christian community is saying about our website. Generally, we get high marks from everyone. However, apparently, currently, some moderately strong criticism has emerged.
Now, there are two general philosophies about how to respond to criticism. One is to ignore it so as not to dignify it. The other is to address every minute (tiny) criticism that is made. Well, we happen to think “people are smart.” Therefore, we are NOT going to ignore the criticism. Also, one can learn a lot from their critics. Proverbs 27:17 says: “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” Incidentally, we are aware that some of our critics have “infiltrated,” , our subscriber community. We kid in our use of the word “infiltrated,” which suggests a malicious intention to subvert (overthrow) another person or group. We operate on the old principle of “give people the benefit of the doubt.” Therefore, we regard ALL of our subscribers as well-intentioned, unless and until proven otherwise.
The other general philosophy about how to respond to criticism is to address every minute (tiny) criticism that is made. Well, many have learned the hard way that this is not practical. It is not practical because it can consume a considerable amount of an individual’s or organization’s time. On the other hand, we believe in “leaving no stone unturned.” Therefore, we WILL address every, single criticism that is brought to our attention, no matter how small. However, so as not to take up too much of our resources, we will TRY to address only:
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Order of Priority
We will follow this order of priority in choosing a candidate for our daily “The Critics’ Corner” entry (see “Publication Format” section below).
1. Critics who provide the worst criticism will be responded to first.
2. Christian “bloggers”; that is, Christian message board writers.
3. Subscribers, including the “infiltrators,” , again, we are just kidding.
4. Our message board trackers.
5. Members of the L. F. Nexus’ inner circles.
Criticism must conform to the following rules:
1. No profanity. Our email is automatically scanned for profanity; so, these emails never make it through anyway.
2. No obvious expressions of hatred.
3. No obvious wordiness (using more words than necessary). We are not here for you to vent any emotions, good or bad.
4. No more than one topic per email. Emails with more than one topic will be ignored. We want to give everyone a chance to express their views.
5. No criticism will be addressed if the writer is not willing to have their criticism published on our website EXACTLY AS IT IS STATED IN THEIR EMAIL.
1. Response to all criticism will be handled on “The Critics’ Corner” bulletin board (just published for the first time [no entries yet]), which will be found at http://lfnexus.com/criticscorner.htm. A link to the “The Critics’ Corner” bulletin board will be found at the top of the TOPICS PAGE 1 page. Response to criticism will not be made via email.
2. We will NOT identify you unless you write in your email the following words (EXACTLY…EXACTLY…EXACTLY as they appear next):
I give you permission to publish my name on the L. F. Nexus’ website.
Note that giving your permission does NOT mean that we will necessarily publish your name.
3. We will NOT identify your email address unless you write in your email the following words (EXACTLY…EXACTLY…EXACTLY as they appear next):
I give you permission to publish my email address on the L. F. Nexus’ website.
Note that giving your permission does NOT mean that we will necessarily publish your email address.
4. We will NOT publish the message body of your email unless you write in your email the following words (EXACTLY…EXACTLY…EXACTLY as they appear next):
I give you permission to publish the message body of my email on the L. F. Nexus’ website.
The Critics’ Corner Email Address
Send all criticisms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our usual copyrights apply to the “The Critics’ Corner” bulletin board. See General Legal Notice and Copyrights, Trademarks, & Patents. However, unlike other bulletin boards and unlike message boards, we grant a joint copyright to all of the message body content of emails received via email@example.com. This joint copyright means, in part, that the senders of these emails retain the right to quote themselves.
It may become necessary to define additional rules and protocols for “The Critics’ Corner” bulletin board.