The L. F. Nexus
“Textual Criticism Site”
#3 Monday, November 9, 2009 Update of This Page
About Our Ongoing Original Website
Visit the original L. F. Nexus website at http://lfnexus.com/originalwebsite.htm.
The Satirical/Serious Mix Version of the L. F. Nexus Website
Clueless Critics Have Criticized The “Mixed Version”
This website is dedicated to the subject of textual criticism. Textual criticism is, in simple terms:
· the study of literary works that aims to establish the original texts
In developing this website, our first guiding principle is:
· Build on fact, not opinion.
Textual criticism is the study of any of a number of literary works. There is one literary work, however, that generates more interest than any other and that is the Bible. However, we are addressing textual criticism on this website and not only biblical textual criticism. Therefore, we have divided this website into two parts:
· biblical textual criticism: the study of the Bible that aims to establish the original text (this future part of our website currently has its own website at http://lfnexus.com/indextischendorf.htm)
· secular textual criticism: the study of nonbiblical, literary works that aims to establish the original texts
Since the greatest interest lies in the study of biblical textual criticism, we will, initially, place most of our emphasis on this area of textual criticism. Note that the study of secular textual criticism contributes to the study of biblical textual criticism.
Within each of the above two categories, we follow an historical division of textual criticism:
· traditional textual criticism: the study of textual criticism in accordance with predominantly 20th century and earlier principles
· next-generation textual criticism: the study of textual criticism in accordance with all textual principles; especially, those discovered through the latest technological and programmatic advances
One of our goals is to make this website the foremost internet authority on the subject of textual criticism.
WEBSITE COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Copyright 2000 – 2009 The L. F. Nexus All rights reserved.
United States of America