The meaning of language is determined by the most common usage. The most used dictionary provides us with the most common usage. See http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism. Here are the definitions provided:
1 archaic: ungodliness, wickedness
2 a: a disbelief in the existence of deity
b: the doctrine that there is no deity
Now, we are obviously talking about 2a or 2b. They both have one element in common – the negation of the idea of the existence of God; in other words, the belief that there is no God. To seal this point, the smart lexicographers at Merriam-Webster have provided us with this additional content from http://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student?book=Student&va=atheism:
the belief that there is no God
In the final analysis, if anyone disagrees with the above definition of “atheism,” they need to coin a new word for what they believe.
Computer-Picked Related Post(s) (newer to older):
- CHURCH AUTHORITY> The Bible…
- The Theory of Reverse Evolution (fx3)
- WHO HAS FINAL AUTHORITY?> B…
- The “Golden Loophole” & Satire (fx6)
- We No Longer Support Fox Cable News
- Does The L. F. Nexus Use The Word “Stupid” Too Much?
- The Word Is Getting Out!
- The Supreme Court Is Not The Final Authority
- Ape Psychiatrists Want To See Your Children Rot In Hell!
- Islam, The Boring Religion